Authors Guidelines for Submission of Articles
Guidelines for Submission of Research Articles
- Authors are expected to act according to the publication ethics international standards for authors developed by COPE during the 2nd World Conference on Research Integrity in Singapore in 2010. These are summarized as follows:
- The research being reported should have been conducted in an ethical and responsible manner and should comply with all relevant legislation.
- Authors are requested to upload manuscript that does not carry any author’s and his institution information or any information that can reveal author’s identity.
- The title page that carries details of authors and their institution, acknowledgment, details of conflict of interest, disclosures and details of contribution of each author must be submitted separately.
- Author agreement statement must be submitted separately with manuscript and title page.
- The author has to ensure that the research work, he/she is submitting for publication, is genuine and the same paper has neither been published nor has it been presented elsewhere for publication.
- Article should be on standard format and footnote referencing in Chicago Manual format be followed for citations.
- Draft must be submitted at the website < https://alamir.com.pk/index.php/ojs/about/submissions> with a covering letter carrying the title of the article, author’s full name, institutional affiliation, mailing address and any other information that the author wishes to send related to the paper.
- Maximum three contributors will be allowed in one article.
- Original drawings should preferably be submitted in a form ready for printing. Each illustration should bear a number, the author’s name, and the title of the paper. Tables should be clear, readable and appropriately labeled. Source of each table should be given at the bottom.
- Loanwords accepted in English usage should be spelled in accordance with the standard dictionaries.
- All submitted manuscripts will be checked with anti-plagiarism software (Turnitin) before they are sent for blind peer review. Less than 19% similarity is allowed as per the mandatory condition of the Higher Education Commission (HEC).
- Every submitted manuscript will be reviewed by the Editor / editorial team in order to determine if the topic fits within the scope of the journal. All manuscripts received, will be accepted after initial screening, undergo double blind peer review process. The reviewer’s response will be shared with the corresponding author. In case of revision, the corresponding author will be given time to incorporate the revisions and resubmit the work.
- The editor / editorial Board reserves rights to edit the draft and make necessary changes, defer for revision or reject the paper.
- Research paper, once reviewed, cannot be withdrawn, provided the editor / editorial board allows upon request of the author/s in some special cases.
- Copyrights for articles published in Al-Amīr Research Journal for Islamic Studies are retained by the authors, with first publication rights granted to the journal. The journal is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work.
- Unsolicited Manuscripts must be written in English/Urdu/Arabic. Type the manuscript on white bond paper, 8-1/2×11inches (21.6×27 cm or A4 size paper) with margins of at least 1.5 inches (4cm) on left for English and on right for Urdu/Arabic.
- English: Font Style; Times New Roman, Font Size; Heading 14 and other text 12
- Urdu: Font Style; Jameel Noori Nastaleeq, Font Size; Heading 16 and other text 14
- Arabic: Font Style; Trade Arabic Bold, Font Size; Heading 16 and other text 14
Begin each of the following section on separate page and in the following order:
- Title page.
- Results & Conclusions
Number pages consecutively, beginning with the title page. Type the page number in the upper right-hand corner of each page in English, and in the upper left-hand corner of each page in Urdu and Arabic.
- Manuscripts should be typed in MS-Word. Text may kindly be limited to 3000 to 12000 words. A4 Paper size.
- The title page should:
- present an appropriate title of article
- list full names, affiliation, institutional and email addresses and phone numbers of all authors
- indicate the corresponding author
- The abstract of 150-200 words should briefly summarize the aim, findings or purpose of the article. Please minimize the use of abbreviations and avoid citing references in the abstract.
- Mention five to ten keywords representing the main content of the article.
- Introduction should explain the background to the study, its aims, a summary of the existing literature and why this study was necessary.
- For research articles this section should discuss the implications of the findings in context of existing research and highlight limitations of the study. For methodology manuscripts this section should include a discussion of any practical or operational issues involved in performing the study and any issues not covered in other sections.
- For reviews this should contain the body of the article, and may also be broken into subsections with short, informative headings.
- For case studies this should describe the pros and the cons of the intervention, with a realistic evaluation of its feasibility and effectiveness.
- Conclusions should state clearly the main conclusions and provide an explanation of their relevance or importance to the field.
- If the paper is based on the case studies than conclusion should state what was learnt, what the next steps should be, and, if possible, what contingency planning may be required for those steps.
- Please make sure you have the following information available before you submit your manuscript. Full names, affiliation, institutional and email addresses and phone numbers of all authors.
For a detailed account of ethics international standards for authors developed by COPE during the 2nd World Conference on Research Integrity in Singapore in 2010, please access the following document: https://publicationethics.org/files/International%20standards_authors_for%20website_11_Nov_2011.pdf
Must Read before Paper Submission
Submitting your paper to Al-Amīr Research Journal for Islamic Studies means author(s) agree that:
- Authors permit to publish the article and identify itself as the original publisher.
- Authors also grant any third party the right to use the article freely as long as its integrity is maintained and its original authors, citation details and publisher are identified.
- All authors have approved the manuscript for submission.
- Confirmation that the manuscript is unpublished and is not submitted elsewhere for publication.
- Submitting your article means you accept the terms and conditions of the journal.